Become a Friends of Forward Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in supporting Forward Theater Company with your time and talents. Volunteers help Forward Theater by staffing events, papering the town with posters and postcards, making food for our hungry cast and production staff, helping with mailings, and other office support.
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
Opportunity to get to know, and build relationships with, others who have similar interests
Opportunity to attend rehearsals and other Friends events
Acknowledgement in FTC’s performance program book
Becoming a Friends of Forward Volunteer
Mail: Forward Theater, P.O. Box 14574, Madison, WI 53708
We'll maintain a list of volunteers and will send out regular emails with upcoming opportunities. We may also contact volunteers directly with specific tasks that align with their interests and skills. We look forward to working with you soon!
The following opportunities are critical extensions of the Forward Theater staff, and therefore are supported and guided by staff to advance professional theater in Madison.
Assist FTC staff with general office activities that may include mailings, event preparation, assembling informational packets, and writing thank you notes.
- Requirements: Detail oriented, ability to work independently
- Time commitment: Flexible days, 2-3 hours at a time, as needed. Opportunities sent via email throughout the year.
Poster and Postcard Distribution
Gather with a group of volunteers on a Saturday rehearsal day and enjoy snacks while meeting and talking with the cast. Then, you'll divide into small groups to distribute posters and postcards for the show, "Paint the town The Farnsworth Invention!" Everyone will then meet back at the rehearsal space to watch part of the rehearsal in progress. Distribution locations provided.
- Requirements: Interpersonal skills and comfort talking with retailers, organizational skills, follow through, and available transportation
- Time commitment: One afternoon per mainstage production (3 times per year). Seasonal.
Assist staff with the planning, preparation, and/or implementation of special events. Examples could include donor events, fundraising and promotional events, opening night receptions, etc. Assistance may be needed in one or more of these areas: set-up, registration, greeting, tending food or beverage stations, and clean up, as well as food preparation and purchasing supplies.
- Requirements: Out going, good interpersonal skills, food preparation where appropriate
- Time commitment: Flexible, periodic per event calendar. Seasonal.
Assist in the preparation and delivery of food for special occasions, primarily for production staff at rehearsals, during tech week, or in between performances. Also, help out-of-town guest artists feel at home by creating welcome packets, providing transportation, etc.
- Requirements: Cook and transport/serve tasty food and generally help our guest artists enjoy their stay in Madison. Ability to collaborate with others. Positive interpersonal skills.
- Time commitment: Flexible time for three mainstage productions. Seasonal.
Housing Coordinator, Archivist/Historian and Data Entry – detailed descriptions are available for those who are interested